Many invesment banks send their interns reading lists so that they can prepare for their internship. Here is what the reading list from a main bank looked like last year:
(Do you want to go “pro”? Check our more comprehensive investing and trading reading list).
• Stocks, Bonds, Options, Futures (Stuart R. Veale, New York Institute Of Finance)
• Inside the Yield Book (Sidney Homer and Martin Leibowitz)
• The New Market Wizards: Conversations with America’s Top Traders (Jack D. Schwager)
• Bond Markets : Analysis and Strategies (5th Edition) (Frank J. Fabozzi)
• Reminiscences of a Stock Operator (Edwin Lefevre, Foreword by Jack D. Schwager)
• Random Walk Down Wall Street (Burton G. Malkie )
• Security Analysis: The Classic 1940 Edition (Benjamin Graham, David Dodd)
• The Investor Anthology: Original Ideas from the Industry’s Greatest Minds (Charles D. Ellis)
• Memos from the Chairman (Greenberg, Alan C.)
• Fooled by Randomness (Nassim Taleb)
• Options, Futures & Other Derivatives (John Hull)
• Fixed Income Securities: Tools for Today’s Markets (Bruce Tuckman)
• The Wall Street Journal
• The New York Times
• Institutional Investor Magazine
• www.cboe.org – has a “Learning Center” and options tutorial.
• www.nyse.com – has several informative pages under the “Education” tab.
• www.nasdaq.com – offers a trading simulation.