|Thornburg Investment Management is a privately-owned global investment firm that offers a range of solutions for retail and institutional investors. We are driven by our mission to help our clients reach their long-term financial goals through fundamental research and active portfolio management. Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Santa Fe, New Mexico, we manage approximately $64.5 (as of December 31,2014)across seven equity and eleven bond mutual funds, separate accounts for high-net-worth investors and institutional accounts, and five UCITS funds for non-U.S. investors.At Thornburg, we value integrity and believe in doing the right thing for our company and our clients. Our culture promotes teamwork, while providing opportunities for our employees to learn and grow in their professional careers.PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
- Research, analyze, monitor, and communicate individual stock and other equity linked investment opportunities as a global equity generalist.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze individual equity securities for inclusion in Thornburg portfolios.
- Monitor individual securities on a daily basis. Interpret developments that may impact share price performance on a longer-term basis such as macro-economic news and company-specific developments.
- Create and maintain earnings models on individual companies leveraging skills in accounting, finance and economics.
- Coverage responsibilities will span geographies and industries.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND FORMAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong excel skills required.
- Financial modeling experience a strong plus.
- Financial and accounting knowledge required.
- Completion or progress toward CFA designation a plus.
- Bachelor degree required.
- MBA or Masters a plus.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 preferred, or must be obtained within 1 year of hire.
- Strong analytical capability
- Intellectually curious
- Superior communication skills
- Efficient time management
- Ability to thrive in team environments
Thornburg Investment Management is an EEO/AA employer.
Apply here: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=THORNBURG&cws=1&rid=248